BENEFITS OF BEING A HOST FARM
Dairy Hoof Care Institute of New Zealand
Learn the benefits of being a host farm
Benefits of hosting
- There will be no charge for trimming of cows*.
- 50% discount is available for one staff member of host farm attending the workshop**. Registrations for staff need to be confirmed prior to the workshop as we plan for a maximum of 9 people per day.
- An opportunity for professional advice from the Instructor concerning issues pertaining to your farm!
Please note: Full Attendance for the duration of the workshop is required for the issue of the certificate.
* Claw block may be charged if required
** Registration prior to commencement
Information for host farmers
To host the one day training workshop we need access to the following on your farm:
- A copy of your biosecurity protocols that we can email to all trainees coming on farm for the day.
- A Hoof Treatment Crush (we supply an additional two crushes for the day);
- 20 cows for trimming (lame or long/untidy claws) – to be available from 10am;
- Use of Facilities between 9am and 3pm (approx.) for training purposes;
- Notification of any Non-Smoking areas;
- Correct physical address of the shed and the Farm Supply number.
To view our Bio-Security Procedures at DHI Head Office, please click here.
Want to find out more about whether being a host farm is right for you?