VETERINARIAN HOOF CARE WORKSHOP
One day workshop
This workshop is for Veterinarians only.
The workshop is designed for veterinarians who want to improve their hoof trimming technique and broaden their knowledge on lameness management and treatment.
The workshop has both theory and practical elements where everyone will get the chance to trim cows according to the 5-step Dutch Method. Competency in this method promotes confidence in dealing with any hoof-related lesions, approaching chronically lame cows and dealing with fissures, white-line disease, sole ulcers, footrot and Digital Dermatitis.
Certificate on completion.
What you will learn
- Anatomy and function of the hoof.
- Impact of animal management on lameness.
- Safe trimming techniques.
- 5 Step Process of hoof trimming according to the Dutch Method.
- Pathology of haemorrhaging and hoof damage
- Antibiotic and anti-inflammatory usage
- Growth in confidence in the recognition and treatment of various hoof lesions.
- A broader understanding of the risk factors associated with lameness.
- Ability to identify/challenge commonly held beliefs around the causes of lameness.
- A holistic approach to lameness.
Costs and location
Location: On Farm
Time: 9am – 5pm (one day only)
Free Course Textbook: “Foot Care in Cattle”
Cost: $350.00 + plus GST
Group discounts available.